Wednesday 27 February 2008

Intarwebz debate nightmares

Debate forums, Facebook discussions, passionate rambling and contradictions, facing me when I casually do my every day browsing of various online networks. No matter what forum you go to (provided it has been going for a while), it seems there's always that random guy whose 4,000 posts haven't gotten any more sensible or relevant with all the practice he's had.
There are people out there playing World of Warcraft or other online games, living for the majority of their spare time in that alternate world, and then there are the people who live on various forums, never exhausting their desire to voice their opinions about pretty much any topic that comes up. To a lot of people it's probably just a pasttime that they enjoy, but to others I suspect it's because they simply have no other place where people actually want to listen to their fucked up ideas and self-promoting pseudo wisdom. Don't get me wrong. Ideas, theories and opinions are important tools to inspire others, but the typical I've figured it all out and you must all start worshipping me attitude seems to pop up everywhere, and people seem to read the shit and take the time to conceive a coherent response. I'd rather just ignore people who get that sort of idea since in their wisdom I doubt they need my feedback, and if a lack of any response makes their ego bleed a little, it's absolutely worth it.

No comments: