Sunday 4 May 2008

Morning

Ah, morning. Well, noon actually, but morning has always been a relative thing to me.
I've slept genuinely well for the first time in a while after my little brother's confirmation party (it is a Christian thing). Not much of a Christian myself, but eh, any good reason to have a good old party should be embraced.

I had a dream last night, of which I can't remember much, but I remember that it was very vivid when I had it. It is strange because I rarely remember my dreams, but this one was quite definitely very long and very epic. Of course, it was interrupted when I was woken at 8:30. Dreams like that always have all kinds of random people that I know.. not always significant people. And it plays out like a mishmash of different experiences. If dreams have a meaning, I have no idea what my dreams mean - on account of their usual pitch black quality.
I know people who remember their dreams every night.. not sure if I should feel envious.

In the meantime the world has been knocked over by GTA IV, a game so serious in scope that even Hollywood has been fearing its impact on audiences worldwide. We've yet to see whether or not it actually has an influence on box office for the movie Iron Man, which, I might add having seen it a couple of days ago, is, in a word, awesome. They know they shouldn't take themselves too seriously and have thus thrown in a lot of welcome comic relief to spice it all up. Robert Downey Jr. is perfect for the role as a complete bastard because he is a complete bastard.

But back to GTA IV, I think it is safe to say that gamers all around the globe will be going out considerably less, provided they have an Xbox 360 or a PS3, (apart from one of my mates who has to wait because the postal service in his district is on strike - hah!), and will be slowly drawn into a black hole that will happily consume all their time. I haven't been exposed because I am a PC exclusive bastard. So I'll probably have to wait a year for a port.

No comments: