Wednesday 23 April 2008

Inconsistent Bollocks

Two words that, when paired, can easily sum up quite a lot of things. Hopefully Lost will sort itself out as time passes. I have only watched first season and those script writers know how to wield suspense, but the series' hasn't really proven itself to me until I get solid proof that they actually do have answers for the many questions that arise.

More or less the same way I feel about Assassin's Creed, which is subject to the drop-dead gorgeous-[insert key visual element]-in-lieu-of-solid-[insert key substance element]-complex.
Though in this instance the absolutely fantabulous historical depictions of Acre, Jerusalem and Damascus keep me more than sufficiently captivated. Hopefully they'll get more out of the engine in a potential sequel - for which they likely have more than enough funds, seeing as everybody and their mom purchased Assassin's Creed.

Meanwhile it seems that Spring is finally getting the point. We don't often see that sort of prolonged ideal Spring-type weather over here, so it has caught me rather off my guard. And there is no good excuse to go out and enjoy it, but nevertheless I seem perfectly capable of coming up with a lot of bad ones that I then let suffice. I had to brave the ultraviolet shower once today when I went to a hair dresser.. for the first time in 15 months. It was a strange experience.

Now would be the perfect time to sit outside in my garden with a good book. But of course I still haven't retrieved the book I'm reading, which I forgot at some place a couple of weeks ago.
Hooray

No comments: