Sunday 30 March 2008

Strings

In general I wish I could avoid the standard kind of commercial that uses the same retarded means in a pathetic attempt to brainwash the impressionable majority. When there's a certain use of humour, and I mean good humour, not the cheap kind that has its roots in the worst clichés available, I can actually enjoy watching a commercial. Alright, so in my case it might not actually achieve what it should, i.e. make me buy the product, even if the commercial makes me laugh, and I don't know enough about sales statistics to say which manner of commercial is the most effective. But from my own egoistic point of view, all commercials should exist with the sole purpose of amusing me.

Pitch black humour is particular is a hit with me, as in this example

I was recently blessed with a lot of new additions to my audio library of various genres to stimulate my relatively undiscriminating music taste. Darn, there are lots of talented people out there, and it's a shame that not all of them get very much attention.
I was listening to an electronic duo called Akasha ... it may not be everyone's kind of music, but at least it's somewhat different. I like music that has kind of an acid feel to it.
Boduf Songs on the other hand, was in a different category. Rather quiet and relaxing lyrics accompanied by a pleasant acoustic guitar most of the time. And in yet another entirely different category, I was listening to more music by Rise Against - which is more than one case is politically motivated and great for me personally when I feel frustrated.

No comments: